Product Development Scientist (zwangerschapsverlof 1 jaar)
Onze belofte aan jou
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Education & Training
- On-the-job feedback
What will be your key responsibilities
In this role you will contribute towards the delivery of Global Food projects by developing innovative product solutions, in order to deliver the Global Innovation programme. The projects can be highly complex, involving raw materials, recipe and processes; the role involves leadership of the product development workstream, typically as part of a project team.
- Developing product solutions from initial concepts which deliver to defined consumer and customer benefits and ensuring these solutions deliver to a business model as part of the global food strategy - translate product development briefs into final product propositions aligning with internal stakeholders. Understands how to leverage technology platforms across multiple product propositions.
- Working seamlessly with Global and Regional Marketing, Packaging Innovation, Process Development, Science & Technology, Commercial, CMI, and Supply to establish product targets and key routes to implementation. Continuously drives improvements to how we work, particularly with regards efficiency and agility. Influence the S&T workstreams.
- Product development workstream leadership, effectively managing delivery to time, cost and quality whilst working with and influencing key stakeholders – understanding the balance of proposition Desirability, Viability and Feasibility. Development and delivery of the Product Specification.
- Effective risk management of the product development workstream, linking cross functionally.
- Driving the product development workstream to pre-stage gate ‘technical readiness.
- Drives product centred activities across our global markets, which enable customer engagement activities to take place while building confidence in our products with our key trade partners.
- Leads product centred activities that expose associates and senior leaders including the Mars Family to our products thereby building confidence in the products we are proud of and ultimately more product ambassadors (e.g., Mars board meetings and family assemblies, food academy, connect to grow, global food summit, development week, cook-ups)
What do we offer?
- A job for the time of approximately one year (secondment via SMS Intermediair);
- The opportunity to learn from the best in an international team where English is the main language;
- A job where you have a lot of contact with other departments within Mars;
- A salary between € 3250,- and € 3750,-, based on knowledge and experience.
Who is your new employer?Mars is a multinational company with a wide range of products in the FMCG. Your workplace is Mars Food Europe located in Oud-Beijerland. Here Mars produces food products, for instance sauces for Uncle Ben's. The culture at Mars is characterised by entrepreneurship: initiative and development of employees is appreciated and where possible supported. As a new employee, not only will you be properly trained, but you can also count on good, personal guidance. The contacts between colleagues are very collegial; on the other hand, people work hard and expect their colleagues to do the same.
For this role we are looking for someone with 2-5 years experience in the field of Food Development. In addition we ask for:
- Degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Alternatively: Culinary education/training with secondary education in food science
- Prior experience in product development
- Culinary//Kitchen/Restaurant experience
- Project management
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, e.g. communication, relationship building, networking, team work
- Available on a fulltime base (40 hours).